Sunday, April 18, 2010

Little Catch Up Blog

Wow I let a few days pass by! I am not sure what I was so busy doing but it definitely got in the way of blogging over the last few days.

So lets see, well, a few of the girls and I are starting a new study, The Excellent Wife: A Biblical Perspective. I have skimmed through and am now going through slowly. At first glance it looks like a great study. Will let you know how I feel about that in a few weeks when I have had more time to look at it.

Femininity and Feminism were my thoughts of the week. I have been listening to a few lectures on them. I am finding myself more and more convicted about making sure that my daughters and I are practicing Biblical Femininity. I am really digging Ladies Against Feminism. Lots of great information from ladies from all walks of life. I never was a feminist but the two topics seem to go hand in hand on most blogs. I had not really put the two together but I have even read a few interesting articles on Christian Feminism. A bit oxymoronic (not entirely sure that's a real word) to me...

I know I still haven't gotten around to posting about our homeschool space. I did actually try by my computer was refusing to save my images so I had to scrap them and start over. A bit discouraged, I threw in the towel and just haven't gotten back to it.

My blog is about 2 weeks away from its overhaul! To celebrate I will be doing a great giveaway. I will post more details about that later. This one will definitely appeal to more than just homeschoolers though!

Don't forget to enter my current giveaway, A $20 Gift Card to Currclick!

Other big news is that I have put in my notice at my job! I work two days a week at a MDO that offers a homeschool enrichment program(I think its a great program btw. I helped to design it!). I just felt like it was time to start focusing more on my ministry at home. I am going to finish out the summer, because I have committed to it already, but come this fall I will officially be a full time stay at home mom!

No comments: