Friday, December 30, 2011

2011:The Year of Purging




This year was the year I really felt solidified in our family's choice to homeschool. I decided that I really did want to shelter my kids as long as possible. It was also the year that I realized that I simply can't be everything and do everything. It was the year that I realized that my convictions sometimes cause tension and that my real friends love me for who I am and not for who they want me to be. We are so thankful to be able to call our school, home.

This year was a year of purging. Purging draining relationships, purging commitments that took me away from my family both physically and mentally, purging unhealthy habits and purging things from the house. I took a day to purge curriculum, and we purged unhealthy foods from our diet (well it's a process but we are getting there!).

 Purge, that was definitely my theme for this year, but with each item purged it left more room for other things and this year, after a few tough years, has been one of the best that I have had! In January we planned our huge trip to Disney World in September. In June I was excited to announce that I had been accepted as part of the TOS Review Crew! And I even got to be on the news! And who can forget my ode to aluminum foil which incidentally brought me to the front page of google (just google aluminum foil). How can I forget my adventures with Luke which resulted in him flirting with an older lady at the hospital!

So I hope you had an amazing Christmas and that your year was as blessed as mine and I am looking forward to starting 2012 with you!





post signature

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Year of purging, hmm. What will this year be? Happy New Year!