Friday, March 11, 2011

Adventures with Luke

We had quite a day today. My run of no ER worthy injuries was broken. Little man was playing outside at my parents and fell. He cut his head on a brick used to boarder flowerbeds. When it first happened I didn't actually notice the cut. My younger daughter said she thought he had been stung so I ran over to him to make sure he was ok. His foot had gotten caught and he was crying because he was stuck. I got his foot unstuck by taking it out of his shoe, checked to be sure he didn't have a leg injury and asked him if he wanted to go play. He cried for his shoe and said yes so I carried him over to the a/c unit to slide his shoe back on. It was as I was getting him off the a/c when I noticed his head bleeding. After dotting it off, I decided it was better safe than sorry and took him into the ER while my dad watched the girls.

Luke hamming it up for the camera. He was so proud of his head injury that he told just about every passing stranger about "hurting his noggin".



By the time we got to the ER he had calmed down (he was only crying because he wanted to go back to Pa's house) and within a few minutes had sweet talked a little old lady into a sucker from the gift shop. We waited, and waited and waited and finally saw the PA. Thankfully he only needed a bit of "glue" and we were out of there. In total we were there for 3 hours for a 15 minute fix.

I'm glad that adventure is over and I hope not to have another like it.






No comments: