Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

To all my mom friends:

You are amazing.  You children see this and know. I don't make any promises about your husband or your mother in law.  :)

I actually have a great mother in law. She is a very nice lady.  But, this was really funny!

You are enough. I know you feel ill equipped and inadequate. But you have been given your children by a God who loves you enough to make you exactly who and what your kids need.

Your kids think you are awesome!

You are doing a fine job. All you can do is the best you know how to do with the circumstances and resources you have been given. Don't sweat it what you can't do.



You are not going to ruin them for life. I used to say that eventually I would find myself on Oprah, defending myself and my kids were going to have expensive therapy bills.  Now I am not so worried, after all, Oprah is no longer on the air. So now, I just make sure they know to get a job with good mental health insurance. :)

I breathed a sigh of relief when you canceled your show.

Good mental health insurance may be a good thing!

You will eventually have a clean house again, the laundry will be caught up, and you will have nice, unbroken things.  You will look back on these moments and smile and wonder where the time went.

This house is so clean and shiny - it also looks a little lonely!

Last but not least - a thought from Gretchen Rubin:


Happy Mother's Day!

post signature

No comments: