Saturday, December 25, 2010

Campfire Cookout at Grandpa and Grandmas


My parents are doing a total remodel of their house and have a lot of scrap wood. Because they live well outside the city they burn a lot of the trash so we thought it might be fun to use the wood and do a cookout over an open fire.


I was recently asked to try some all natural chicken from a company called Zaycon foods. They sell chicken in bulk at a reduced price. I will be writing a post all about them soon, as well as giving away a box of their chicken, which was some of the best I have tasted in a while. Anyways, I digress. Back to the cookout.


My dad set up a make-shift outdoor grill and we grilled chicken; he also cooked potatoes under the hot coals. In hind site I wish we would have done corn too, but ah well.




What bonfire is complete without, you guessed it smores! We had campfire sized marshmallows and we could only handle one with all of the sweetness but it sure was fun!





After eating smores grandma set up the telescope and we all looked at "button moon" as Luke calls it.
We had so much fun and I am already planning our next bonfire for the spring!



1 comment:

FairyLover said...

You've got my mouth watering for some of those s'mores. The fire looks so warm. I'm really freezing right now.

Kathi Sewing, Knitting, Candle Making, Homeschooling Mama