Sunday, November 28, 2010

All About Me Preschool Lesson Plans

For December (which is only 2 weeks due to the holidays) we are using the theme "All About Me". This is a fun one, but can get kind of overwhelming as there are just so many resources on the internet to chose from. Here is what we decided to use. I will post a video of the lapbook once I have a completed one.

I found 2 FREE All About Me Lapbooks

Pre-K and Lower Elementary - very basic information such as name, age, what I look like

Mid-Elementary and Up All About My Family- goes into a bit more detail and digs into basic genealogy.

Along with these lapbooks we are using the Let's Start Science Series books to learn about how our bodies work.



Here is a detailed breakdown of the lessons for "All About Me" month. All of the printables can be found in the above link for Pre-K and Lower Elementary:

Monday:



We did the front of our lapbook covers. I basically just wrote, my name is: and I am ...years old. The older children filled wrote all of it themselves and I let them use stickers for their names and age. We then did the paper dolls and "What I want to be when I grow up".
We read about our sense of smell and then I had them smell various spices. With younger ones this was about all we could fit in for one day!


Wednesday:

We talked about Texas, looked it up on a map and glued an outline into our lapbook. We also did our signatures (or tracing for the younger ones). We read about our sense of taste and touch.



Monday:


We talked about what we liked, our favorite color, toy, animal and so on. We also talked about feelings. I had a really hard time finding a printable I liked so we drew faces that were sad, happy, scared, surprised and angry. Used contact paper and then put them into a library pocket. It worked out really well. Books were about sight and taste. The kids tasted various things as a project.


Wednesday: We finished up by making a handprint family tree and gluing pictures onto it. I had some birthday cake notepad papers that we wrote their birthdays onto. I wanted to do our helping hands and make a book by tracing their hands and then writing on it how they can help out at home but we ran out of time


No comments: