Saturday, June 19, 2010

Packing for England


We are headed over the pond to visit my husband's family on Wed! I am a little nervous as this will be the first time we have taken all three. Blessedly, over the years I have gotten more streamline with my packing and organizing for the trip so it should go smoothly.

Someone asked me to share how I have the suitcase organized. I use gallon Ziploc bags (I got these for free or next to nothing by using coupons and sites such as www.couponing101.com). Each bag contains undies, an outfit, socks, and sometimes I put the bows with the outfits. This time because we are taking so many I bought a bag to hold them. For little man, because his clothes are a bit more flexible on how they are matched, I rolled his shirts and pants and placed them inside the bags. Each bag holds 4 shirts or 3 pants/shorts. I also have a bag of shoes and extra socks. Of course off to the side you see diapers and wipes :) Not going to do cloth during this trip. That's all there is to it!

I will be posting updates and pictures over the trip. We plan on visiting a few of the bigger castles and I am hoping to make it into Scotland and Wales. Perhaps I can talk Karl into finally taking me over to Ireland too...

If you have any ideas for learning while we are traveling let me know! We are taking some school work but I haven't had time to search out anything extra.







No comments: