Wednesday, March 27, 2013

To Woman with the three children at Cedar Springs Christian Bookstore in Knoxville, TN,

You are an idiot. That is the nicest possible thing I can say about you in this moment.
As I was sifting through the homeschool materials looking for a workbook, you were busy making judgement calls based on fear and ignorance. Then you taught your children to do the same. Shame on you.

From the same mouth that you profess the love of a savior you also villianized one of the nicest people you will never meet. My brother was the "strange man" that was standing behind your children.  No, he was not "watching" your little whelps, he was watching Veggie Tales, the same thing they were watching.

I watched you as looked up in horror as you saw your children watching Veggie Tales on the TV in the store and you saw my brother standing a few feet behind them.  I watched you get up and tell your children to come sit with you because there was "a strange man watching you."  I watched your children cry because of your fear of approximately half of the world's population.

I also noted that two of your children are boys who will grow up into the very thing you fear. I also noted that you were wearing a wedding ring. Are men just necessary evils in your world?

This "strange man" that you were so frightened of is my brother.  He is moderately mentally handicapped.  Had you just kept a watchful eye or even just quietly called your children to you, I may not have judged you so harshly.  But, since you are a loud mouthed idiot with no tact, kindness, or love in your soul, and yet call yourself a Christian, I do judge you. You need to think about what you are saying and what you are doing. Your actions speak far louder than the words you use with your children.

You told them to be kind to each other while you showed no kindness to others.

To the readers of this blog,
Why are we villianizing men? Why are we quick to think the worst of those around us?
I urge you to remember 2 Timothy 1:7 - For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

post signature

No comments: