Thursday, August 19, 2010

7 Tips for Frugal Homeschooling



I walked into the homeschool book fair for the first time last year. It was amazing. A huge convention center filled from wall to wall with every sort of textbook, manipulative and homeschool novelty you could hope for. I walked out $80 lighter, my arms filled with the new goodies I had purchased in the heat of the moment.




This year as I was cleaning out old items and organizing our school space I found them. Two text books totalling nearly $20 that had been shuffled to the back of the stack of other books I had also excitedly purchased that year. As I continued on, I found receipts and other books totaling about $250. Wow. I had no idea I had spent that much!




Does this sound familiar? Even if you aren't prone to losing curriculum like I am (actually I have a tallent for losing just about anything!), let me help you save some money by sharing some tips with you on how to homeschool frugally. 7 Tips for Frugal Homeschooling will share some of my money saving methods and hopefully let you keep your money in the piggy bank just a little while longer!






No comments: