Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Copy Work and Starting Peter Rabbit Unit Studies

We started our unit study on Peter Rabbit this week. After looking at it I realized that she wasn't going to be able to follow some of it so, we ended up going ahead and doing our math instead of stopping it this week like I had planned. Anyways, we read Peter Rabbit and did the reading comprehension questions and she blew those away! I could not believe how much of the story she could tell me. I mean little details too! I was very proud of her. We also made paper plate bunnies. They are hung on our word wall at the bottom where the grass is. Today we did some work in her new journal. This was the first time we had done this so I wasn't sure she would tolerate so much writing, but she did! She drew a picture and then we thought of a short description which I wrote and she copied. She did great.

Tomorrow is usually a day at MDO but I have a feeling we will be home so we will making cupcakes and using M&M's to decorate them while we talk about what we are thankful for.




Yes she drew that picture all by herself. The small smile is Peter and the big one Mr Mcgreggor. The other things on the ground are veggitables and fruits. In the sky we have the sun, clouds and birds.

No comments: